A Passage to Blog

A search for a better life and a better world, one agonizing step at a time.

Name:
Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States

Just one person trying to find a better life for himself, his family, and the world ... and trying to find a good chai tea at the same time

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Countdown

It is hard to believe that the Star Wars saga is over. When I first saw the original film, I was six years old. Coming out of the downtown theater in Charleston that no longer exists, all I wanted to be was a Jawa, because, hey, they were my size. At that age, I couldn't quite make the jump to being Luke or Han, but I could see putting on a brown hooded robe and hanging out with droids. Now that I have finally seen "Revenge of the Sith", which besides a few scenes is a great Star Wars film, my thoughts have gone to how much things have changed. I know have a child at home that is almost the age I was when I first saw Episode IV (try explaining how IV became before I to a five-year old). I cannot belief that that much time has past. I am now the adult, the one that must do and know everything. And as my childhood races further away from me, I miss it. I miss creating the worlds in which I could lose hours in. I miss the toy cars, the Star Wars action figures (Chewy with the crossbow was the best), the Lego cities. But the miracle of life is that you get to relive it through your children. With two boys here, and another on the way, I will have more years of living through their childhood than I had in my own. And I will show them the wonders and the beauty of this world, so that their make-believe ones will not be their only joys. Now I have get to see the magic created by them with Thomas, Blue, and even Star Wars. Let the second childhood begin!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home